Cosmetic Acupuncture is a fully natural and holistic treatment which addresses the underlying problems that may be contributing to ageing of the skin, as well as targeting specific areas on the face. Tiny, fine acupuncture needles are inserted into the points on the face, ears and body, to bring the body back to a state of health and well-being which will ensure changes to facial appearance are long-lasting. Other lifestyle factors which may affect your skin will also be discussed, to help you get the best results.
Numerous benefits include:
• increases blood circulation which brightens the complexion
• improves skin tone and elasticity
• stimulates collagen production to strengthen and plump up the skin
• tightens facial muscles to smooth and firm the face
• increases cell regeneration filling out and smoothing lines and wrinkles
• regulates and balances hormones – in acne-type, stress-related and menopausal skin.
Acupuncture has long been used within traditional Chinese medicine to improve the flow of vital energy throughout the body to restore and maintain physical, mental and spiritual health. The benefits of cosmetic acupuncture specifically have not been widely evidence as yet, but the vast amount of positive anecdotal evidence has led to its increasing popularity as a sustainable natural alternative to other more invasive facial cosmetic treatments.
Evidence to date:
• A 2012 study published in Acupuncture Medicine, found that with five treatments over one month, facial oil and water content increased for the those that received facial acupuncture compared with the average levels for each of the participants' own age group.
• A 2013 study published in Evidence Based Complementary Alternative Medicine, found that with five treatments over three weeks there was a positive change in facial elasticity.
Initial consultation 30mins
A full medical history is taken, and your face will be carefully examined to identify particular issues you may have before a treatment plan is designed to meet your needs. You will have time to better understand the treatment, discuss your expectations and ensure the treatment is right for you. It will also include a detoxifying acupuncture treatment, and discussion of how to get the most out of your overall treatment with lifestyle-based and nutritional advice.
Follow-up treatments 75mins
To get the best results, at least six sessions are recommended. Improvements are often noticed after the first session, and more visible changes after the third session, as we are dealing with the body's natural healing processes.
With the six and twelve treatment packages, it is advisable to attend twice weekly initially, dropping down to once a week and then once a fortnight as you progress through the course of treatment. It is recommended that to maintain the health of your skin you attend for a maintenance session at least every twelve weeks thereafter.
Martina qualified as a Physiotherapist in 2008, incorporating Acupuncture into her regular practice and management of various conditions. Through her experience, she has observed the wider benefits of Acupuncture for her clients, such as reducing stress and enhancing their general sense of well-being.
Martina strongly believes the key to looking great is intrinsically linked to feeling great, and Cosmetic Acupuncture allows her to use her knowledge and experience to achieve the very best results for you and your skin.
|Monday||4:00pm - 8:00pm||Acupuncture with Martina|
|Tuesday||2:00pm - 6:00pm||Acupuncture with Martina
|Thursday||4:00pm - 8:00pm||Acupuncture with Martina
|6 treatment pack (recommended over a 4-week period)||£420|
|12 treatment pack (over a 3-month period)||£780|